About Breath of Hong Kong
Climate change is now affecting every country on every continent. It is disrupting national economies and affecting lives, costing people, communities and countries dearly today and even more tomorrow.
People are experiencing the significant impacts of climate change, which include changing weather patterns, rising sea level, and more extreme weather events. The greenhouse gas emissions from human activities are driving climate change and continue to rise.
‘Breath of Hong Kong’ Concept Design Competition is one of the major events of the ‘Breath of Hong Kong’ Campaign, a project on Sustainability of JCI Hong Kong in 2018. With secondary school students as the key beneficiary group, we encourage them to analyse the needs of our community, think out of the box and deliver the sustainable solution that connect the community, industry and government to take action together.
The ‘Breath of Hong Kong’ Campaign aims to raise public awareness of air pollution, to educate our future generation on related health issue; to create sustainable impact; and to promote the concept of environmental protection to young people. The kick-off event of this project “Breath of Hong Kong Conference”, was successfully launched on 29th April 2018 at InnoCentre with professionals shared their knowledges on air pollution and remedies with hundreds of secondary students.
Topic: Sustainable “Clean” Breath of Hong Kong
Suggestion (not limited)
- To arouse public awareness of climate issue
- To act/ to change/ to inspire of the detailed plan of action
- How to encourage shareholder’s participant
- Please submit your projects on or before 5th July 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each team can ONLY submit 1 file of MAX 30 pages Powerpoint
- Applicant’s NAME, Name of School, Contact Person No. and Email shall be noted
- TOTALLY FREE for application
Final Round Judge Day of the Concept Design Competition
Date/time: 14th July, 2018 (Saturday)
Venue: JCI Hong Kong Office, 21/F., Seaview Commercial Building,
21-24 Connaught Road West, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Award Ceremony of ‘Breath of Hong Kong’ Concept Design Competition
Date/time: 22nd July, 2018 (Sunday)
Venue: Zero Carbon Building Multi-Purpose Hall 1+2, 8 Sheung Yuet Road,
Kowloon Bay, Kowloon
- ALL Applicants shall be rewarded an E-certificate
- 1st, 1st runner up, 2nd and 3 merit prizes, winning team will be rewarded with TROPHIES, CERTIFICATES, GIFT VOUCHERS and SOUVENIERS
- FULL TIME SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT ONLY
- TEAM SHALL BE FORMED BY 5 STUDENT MAX, STUDYING IN THE SAME SCHOOL
- EACH STUDENT CAN ONLY JOIN 1 TEAM
- NO LIMIT OF TEAMS FOR EACH SCHOOL
- OFFICIAL LANGUAGE ARE ENGLISH AND CHINESE, CAN BE BILINGUAL OR EITHER 1 LANGUAGE
- HOST RESERVES THE LAST RIGHTS TO ALL DECISIONS
- Understanding to Science and Technology
- Application to Data, Information and Mathematics
- Creativity and Feasibility to the solution for improving air condition of Hong Kong
- Teamwork and Presentation
Artist, 2014 Ten Outstanding Young Person Selection Awardee
Song writer & Singer Sophy Wong
The MOST Active School
In order to encourage all schools to participate with the competition, HOST will give out a MEMORIAL TROPHY to the school which having the MOST students joining the competition.
Enquiries: Email to email@example.com or
Contact 6976 6376 Freddy Tse (National Sustainability Director)
About JCI Hong Kong
Junior Chamber International Hong Kong (JCIHK)(formerly named as “Hong Kong Junior Chamber”), inaugurated in 1950, is affiliated with the worldwide leadership development organization – The Junior Chamber International (JCI). JCI has a worldwide membership of over 200,000 and more than 100 countries around the world.
In Hong Kong, we have about 2,000 members representing a network of highly motivated and forward looking young men and women who are mostly entrepreneurs or executives from a wide range of trades and businesses. The active members are between the ages of 18-40 from 21 local chapters, who make full use of their leisure hours to work for the betterment of the community and themselves.
The purpose of Junior Chamber is to provide development opportunities that empower young people to create positive change.