THE JUNIOR CHAMBER INTERNATIONAL HONG KONG SENATE
A life membership entitled JCI Senator may be awarded to individual active member or past member by his/her LOM after the formal nomination procedures by the LOM, the NOM and then approved by Junior Chamber International.
The conferring of a JCI Senatorship is a means of honoring him/her for rendering outstanding service to the Junior Chamber Organization as a whole. But such status shall not exempt the Senator from paying dues either to his/her LOM, the NOM or JCI, who are in JC age.
- Initially, such nomination must have been approved by the mother chapter of the nominee.
- Application in the prescribed form (which is for JCIHK use) must be submitted to the Senate Screening Committee Chairman who is also the NIPP and Senate Chairman by the application deadline.
- The Senate Screening Committee will then discuss the merits of the applications and submit its report to the National President with recommendations whether to endorse, refuse or otherwise.
- The National President has the sole prerogative to decide on such applications with or without making reference to the recommendations of the Senate Screening Committee.
- On making the decision, the National President will inform the nominating LOM President of the decision.
- In case of being approved, the LOM President will have to submit a further form issued by JCI for this purpose to the National President, together with a draft of HK$4,000 (using chapter cheque), which will be sent to JCI for approval.
- Decision from JCI will usually take 4 to 6 weeks.
- The report from the Senate Screening Committee to the National President is treated with high confidentiality and not made known to any members of the National Board nor the nominating LOM Presidents.
The Senate Screening Committee for the year 2019 consists of
Senator Ronald Kan, National Immediate Past President
Senator Nora Cheng, 1987 National President
Senator Tony Chan, 2002 National President
Senator Eric Tang, 2008 National President
Senator Zenith Lin, 2019 National President
APPLICATION DEADLINE 2019
- 15th July, 2019
- 21st October, 2019
Attachment / Links